Top 10 Benefits of High Definition Ip Surveillance over Traditional Analogue CCTV
The Surveillance Market globally has ‘tipped’ from traditional analogue CCTV to high definition IP cameras.
‘In the last year, for new projects in the US and Europe, it has become clear that IP camera sales are outpacing analogue sales, a similar trend now being seen in Australia. Among enterprise projects, IP’s predominance is almost shocking with more than 75% of new projects going with IP.’Source: ipvm.com, 2011
- Resolution: An analogue camera of 600 TV Lines (TVL) equates to about 0.4 Mega Pixels (MP), whereas a standard IP camera of 1.3 MP, can give over 5 times that resolution.
- Remote Access: You can login to a secure server remotely, using a web-based interface, to view real-time footage on PCs or Macs, as well as mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and Android. Programs such as LogMeInRescue also allow for remote support and end-user training.
- Analytics: The dramatic improvements in hardware have been matched by powerful Analytics Software. Video Management Systems (VMS) can be combined with built in software to allow for applications such as people counting and motion tracking.
- Power-over-Ethernet: IP cameras utilise Ethernet cables which allow for Power over Ethernet (PoE), meaning only one cable per camera is required, to carry both power and data. It is also possible to install a device which can allow both IP data and PoE over traditional analogue coax cable.
- Hybrid: Our high end Network Video Recorder (HVR), allows existing CCTV cameras as an option to be incorporated into the IP system. This can significantly reduce the initial costs, and allow a phased approach towards a complete IP Surveillance solution.
- Wireless: Should it be impossible to get cable to your camera location, an option of wireless connections are available.
- Scalability: Utilising USB licence keys, upgrading to a higher camera capacity system is as simple as replacing the USB license with very limited down time and technical requirement.
- Redundancy: As an option it is possible to install an external redundant array of independent discs (RAID) to store your evidence with absolute certainty for mission critical environments.
- Lossless Playback: Footage can be reviewed in search mode with no degradation of the image. This alleviates a common problem with analogue systems, where high levels of compression can often leave the image grainy and pixellated.
- Ease of Use: HVR system is simple to use and navigate without compromising its advanced capabilities.
Top 5 Benefits of CCTV
- An Effective Deterrent of Criminal intent such as shoplifting and robbery
- A tool to monitor staff productivity
- Unarguable tool for collation of evidence of events
- Reduces Liability Claims
- Improves staff morale by reducing the fear of crime
Who is DigitalSi
DigitalSi are one of Australia’s leading digital security system retailers that provide affordable, yet quality solutions for their customers.
Proudly stamped with the DigitalSi brand, for the past eight years we have manufactured and sold our exclusive CCTV products that not only feature the latest technology, but are only produced in Korea to ensure their quality.
CCTV has been proven to be the most cost effective method for crime prevention and detection. It is also a great tool to manage public liability and employee productivity. Solutions can be individually tailored to meet your business, home, or organisation’s specific needs and budget.
Driven by a passion for security which stems back to the early 90s when he was a locksmith apprentice, DigitalSi founder Karl August thrives on the challenge to continually research & develop CCTV security solutions in order to meet customer needs and legal requirements.
What sets DigitalSi apart
The DigitalSi team is set apart by our technical experience.
Karl was even trained by an engineer from LG’s industrial network division in the late 90s when he was developing a digital video recorder capable of recording at 160 frames per second; a seriously high speed recorder for that time.
DigitalSi guarantees affordability as the product is delivered from the factory, to the warehouse, and straight to clients. We are one of the markets most price competitive firms, without compromising on quality. We also offer full finance options.
DigitalSi’s extensive product range ensures we have options for both high-end high definition mega pixel digital to entry level analogue CCTV solutions. The great thing is, once the system is installed, it is practically maintenance free.
DigitalSi has a friendly and professional sales team that services all of Australia.
To receive your obligation-free quote and discuss your business’s electronic security needs, contact DigitalSi today.