FUJITSU fi-7240 USB Image Scanner
Web ID: 27669
The new scanners allow the user to scan a wide variety of paper thicknesses (27 to 413 g/), as well as plastic cards with the same feeding mechanism inherited from our high-end models. In addition, Paper Protection constantly checks along the whole document length during scanning and automatically stops paper feeding when error occurs to avoid any damage to the document. All in all these deliver the reliable scanning experience expected from Fujitsu. ONLY WHILE STOCKS LAST!
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year
Manufacturer PN: fi-7240
Outstanding paper feeding delivers reliable batch scanning regardless of the document condition
The new scanners allow the user to scan a wide variety of paper thicknesses (27 to 413 g/?), as well as plastic cards with the same feeding mechanism inherited from our high-end models. In addition, Paper Protection constantly checks along the whole document length during scanning and automatically stops paper feeding when error occurs to avoid any damage to the document. All in all these deliver the reliable scanning experience expected from Fujitsu.
- Reliable Skew Reducer even when scanning a mixed size batch
The fi-7240 automatically detect the document size when scanning a mixed size batch. Furthermore, it is equipped with Skew Reducer to detect the alignment of scanned documents and correct paper skews to minimize missing the edge of the scanned image. Users can rest assured that the result will be good even when scanning documents that are not aligned correctly.
Fast scanning right at your desk
The fi-7240 scans at a speed of 40 ppm (A4, color, 200/300 dpi). Simply press the scan button and it will start scanning within a second. Scanning with the fi-7240 will not keep you, or your customers, waiting.
Scan brochures and other small booklets
The fi-7240 has a built-in flatbed (glass surface) that is able to scan thin documents or thick books which are impossible to scan using an ADF scanner.
Automatically creates the most suitable high quality image data for OCR process
The PaperSteam IP scanner driver, which supports TWAIN/ISIS, saves the inconvenience of fine adjusting the settings for the OCR process. It automatically converts the images into exceptionally clean images, accelerating OCR even when scanning wrinkled or soiled documents or documents with a background pattern.
Option: Black Document Pad
Attach the Black Document Pad to the flatbed to make scans with a black background. This enables the scanner to apply image processing like size detection and skew correction to a document scanned with the flatbed so that the resulting image data is properly sized to the original.
Option: Carrier Sheets
Carrier Sheets allow you to scan documents, photos or clippings larger than A4 size. Documents larger than A4 (such as A3 or B4) or photos and clippings that can be damaged easily can be digitized when using the Carrier Sheets.
* Carrier Sheets (5 sheets per set) can be purchased separately. (The Carrier Sheet should be replaced approximately every 500 scans)
|Supported operating systems||Windows® 10 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows® 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Server® 2019 (64-bit), Windows Server® 2016 (64-bit), Windows Server® 2012 R2 (64-bit), Windows Server® 2012 (64-bit), Windows Server® 2008 R2 (64-bit), Windows Server® 2008 (32-bit/64-bit), Linux (Ubuntu)(1)|
|Sensor type||Flatbed (FB) and Automatic Document Feeder (ADF)|
|Scanning modes||Simplex / Duplex, Color / Grayscale / Monochrome|
|Image sensor type||Color CCD (Charge-coupled device) x 3 (front x 1, back x 1, flatbed x 1)|
|Light source||White LED Array x 3 (front x 1, back x 1, flatbed x 1)|
|Multifeed detection||Ultrasonic multi-feed detection sensor x 1, Paper detection sensor|
|Document size||Maximum||216 x 355.6 mm (8.5 x 14 in.)|
|Minimum(2)||50.8 x 54 mm (2 x 2.13 in.) (Landscape / Portrait)|
|Long paper scanning(3)||216 x 5,588 mm (8.5 x 220 in.)|
|Paper weight(4) |
|Paper||27 to 413 g/m² (7.2 to 112 lb.) |
*A8 size: 127 to 209 g/m² (34 to 56 lb.)
|Plastic Card||1.4 mm or less(5)|
|Scanning speed(6) |
|Color(7)||Simplex: 40 ppm, Duplex: 80 ipm |
(200 / 300 dpi)
|Paper chute capacity |
|80 Sheets ( A4: 80 g/m² or 20 lb. )|
|Daily Duty Cycle||6,000 Sheets|
|Background colors||White / Black (Selectable)|
|Optical resolution||600 dpi|
|Output resolution(10)||Color (24-bit)||50 to 600 dpi |
(adjustable by 1 dpi increments), 1200 dpi (driver)(11)
|Internal video processing||1,024 levels (10-bit)|
|Interface||USB 2.0 / USB 1.1|
|Connector shape||B type|
|Image processing functions||Multi image output, Automatic color detection, Blank page detection, Dynamic threshold (iDTC), Advanced DTC, SDTC, Error diffusion, Halftone, De-Screen, Emphasis, Color cleanup, Dropout color (None / Red / Green / Blue / Saturation), sRGB output, Hole punch removal, Index tab cropping, Split image, De-Skew, Edge correction, Vertical streaks reduction, Automatic page size detection|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 240 V ±10%|
|Power consumption||Operating: 39 W or less |
Sleep mode: 1.8 W or less
Auto standby (OFF) mode: 0.35 W or less
|Operating environment||Temperature: 5 to 35 °C (41 to 95 °F) |
Relative humidity: 20 to 80% (Non-condensing)
|Dimensions: Width x Depth x Height(12)||300 x 577 x 234 mm (11.81 x 22.72 x 9.21 in.)|
|Weight||8.8 kg (19.4 lb)|
|Included software / drivers||PaperStream IP Driver (TWAIN/TWAIN x64/ISIS), WIA Driver(13), PaperStream Capture, ScanSnap Manager for fi Series(14), Software Operation Panel, Error Recovery Guide, ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap™(14), Scanner Central Admin|
|Environmental compliance||ENERGY STAR® / RoHS|
|Included items||ADF paper chute, AC cable, AC adapter, USB cable, Setup DVD-ROM|
- Availability of support may vary depending on region. Some functions may not be available with the Image Scanner Driver for Linux.
- The minimum scanning area only applies to using the ADF. There is no limitation when using the flatbed.
- Capable of scanning documents that exceed Legal sheets in length. Long page scanning supports documents with a length of up to 5,588 mm (220 in.) when the resolution is set to 200 dpi or less.
- The paper weight only applies to using the ADF. There is no limitation when using the flatbed.
- Capable of scanning up to 3 cards at a time. (Note: does not support multi-embossed card feedability.)
- Actual scanning speeds are affected by data transmission and software processing times.
- Indicated speeds are from using JPEG compression.
- Indicated speeds are from using TIFF G4 compression.
- Maximum capacity depends on paper weight and may vary.
- Selectable maximum density may vary depending on the length of scanned document.
- Some limitations may apply to the size of documents that can be scanned, depending on system environment, when scanning at high resolution (over 600 dpi).
- Excluding the ADF paper chute.
- Functions equivalent to those offered by PaperStream IP may not be available with the WIA Driver.
- The software can be downloaded from the website designated in the Setup DVD-ROM.