ASUS S1151 MicroATX Z170M-PLUS DDR4 Motherboard
Web ID: 15799
Intel Socket 1151, Intel Z170 Express Chipset, Dual Channel DDR4 x 4 Slots, 2 x PCIe x16 (support x16, x4 modes) slots, 2 x PCIe x1, 1 x M.2 (with M key, type 2242/2260/2280), 6 x SATA 6Gbps, 1 x USB 3.1 Type C, 6 x USB 3.0 (2 via back panel, 4 via internal header), 6 x USB 2.0 (2 via back panel, 4 via internal header), RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, Gigabit LAN, D-Sub (VGA), DVI, HDMI, 8 channel audio, MicroATX Form Factor
Manufacturer PN: Z170M-PLUS
Warranty: 3 Year
Industry-leading 5X Protection II employs the finest components, excellent circuit design, and exacting standards to guarantee quality and long-term durability of your motherboard with all-round protection. For you, that means exceptional protection and stability for your build — the result of decades of engineering experience from the world's leading motherboard brand.
Pumped-up throughput. 2.5X higher surge tolerance.ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors ensuring a more reliable connection and better throughput, plus electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against surges.
DRAM Overcurrent Protection
Stainless-Steel Back I/O
- Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
- EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click.
- SATA Information: View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
- Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
- GPU POST: Automatically detect selected ASUS graphics cards to view detailed information.
- Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
- Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
- SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
USB Type-C (USB-C) delivers future device compatibility and high-speed USB connectivity of 5Gbit/s from a slim, reversible port.
1/3 smaller— than traditional USB Type-A
Reversible ease— any-way-up design means USB connections are made first time, every time
Future-proof compatibility— compatible with the latest devices today and the exciting new trends of tomorrow
Gear up! Win the battlefield
- CPU Intel® Socket 1151 for 6th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
- Chipset Intel® Z170
- Memory 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
- Graphic Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI/DVI-D/RGB ports
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
Supports Intel® InTru™ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider™
Supports up to 3 displays simultaneously
- Multi-GPU Support Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology
- Expansion Slots 1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode, gray)
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode)
2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1
- Storage Intel® Z170 chipset :
1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)
1 x SATA Express port, gray, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology*1
- LAN Intel® I219V, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Intel® LAN- Dual interconnect between the Integrated LAN controller and Physical Layer (PHY)
- Audio Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC *2
- Supports : Jack-detection, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- USB Ports Intel® Z170 chipset :
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, black, Type-A, 4 at mid-board)
Intel® Z170 chipset :
6 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, Type-A, 4 at mid-board)
Intel® Z170 chipset :
1 x USB 5Gb/s port(s) port(s) (1 at back panel, black, Type-C, Reversible, Support 3A power output)
- Special Features ASUS 5X Protection II :
- ASUS LANGuard - 2.5X higher surge tolerance
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection - World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM - 7 Phase digital power design
- ASUS DRAM Overcurrent Protection - Prevents damage from short circuits
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O - 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability
ASUS EPU :
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- TurboV EVO
- GPU Boost
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- M.2 & SATA Express
- ESD Guards
- USB 3.0 Boost
- Disk Unlocker
- Mobo Connect
- PC Cleaner
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution & MOS Heatsink
- ASUS Fan Xpert 3
ASUS EZ DIY :
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- Push Notice
ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- Operating System Support Windows® 10 , 64bit
Windows® 8.1 , 64bit
Windows® 7 , 32bit/64bit *3
- Back I/O Ports 1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
1 x DVI-D
1 x D-Sub
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
1 x USB 5Gb/s port(s) Type-C ( support 3A power output )
2 x USB 3.0 (blue) Type-A
2 x USB 2.0
3 x Audio jack(s)
- Internal I/O Ports 2 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x SATA Express connector: gray, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
1 x M.2 Socket 3
1 x LPT header
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x System panel(s)
1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- Accessories User's manual
2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x Supporting DVD
- BIOS 128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI3.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 5.0, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 EZ Tuning Wizard, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Quick Note, Last Modified log, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information
- Manageability WfM 2.0, DMI 3.0, WOL by PME, PXE
- Support Disc Drivers
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Form Factor mATX Form Factor
9.6 inch x 8.95 inch ( 24.4 cm x 22.7 cm )
- Note *1: These functions will work depending on the CPU installed.
*2: Use a chassis with HD audio module in the front panel to support an 8-channel audio output.
*3: Please refer to ASUS website and download “Windows® 7 installation guide” and “ASUS EZ installer” to install Windows® 7.