Asrock S1151 Mini-ITX Z170M-ITX/AC DDR4 Motherboard
Web ID: 16261
Supports 6th Generation Intel Core Processors (Socket 1151), Digi Power, Supports Dual Channel DDR4 3200+(OC), 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 Vertical Half-size Mini-PCIe, Graphics Output Options: DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort 1.2, 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps, Dual LAN : Intel I219V + Realtek RTL8111H, Dual Band 802.11ac WiFi + BT v4.0 Module, 2 ASRock WiFi 2.4/5 GHz Antennas, 4 SATA3, 1 mSATA, 8 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 6 Rear), Supports Full Spike Protection, ASRock Live Update & APP Shop CASH PRICE
Manufacturer PN: Z170M-ITX/AC
Warranty: 3 Year
Premium 45A Power Choke
Compared to traditional chokes, ASRock’s premium 45A power chokes effectively make the saturation current up to three times better, thus providing enhanced and improved Vcore voltage to the motherboard.
Dual-Stack MOSFET for CPU Power
Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM) is another innovative MOSFETs design by ASRock. The silicon die area is increased by stacking two dies into one MOSFET. The larger the die area, the lower Rds(on). Compared to traditional discrete MOSFET, DSM with larger die area provides extreme lower Rds(on) 1.2 mΩ, so the power supply for the CPU Vcore is more efficient.
High Density Glass Fabric PCB
What you’ve never understood about your computer is that it is scared to death of water, H2O, humidity or whatever you’d like to name it. And even though you do not see the water, actually there may be lots of excessive moist in the air killing your motherboard silently and slowly. No, your motherboard doesn’t melt when in contact with water like the wicked witch of the west, but it dies of short circuit. Luckily, ASRock has a new High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
High Density Glass Fabric PCB
Traditonal Glass Fabric PCB
6 Power Phase Design
The power phase design offers smooth power delivery to the CPU, unmatched overclocking capabilities, lower temperature for advanced gamers, and reinforced system stability for taking on all sorts of arduous computing tasks.
802.11ac WiFi Dual-Band (2.4/5 GHz)
This motherboard comes with an exclusive 802.11ac WiFi (5G WiFi) module that supports up to 433Mbps wireless networks and Bluetooth v4.0. Experience up to 144% speed boost compared to your old 802.11n WiFi!
UEFI EZ Mode
EZ mode is a dashboard which contains multiple readings of the system’s current status. You can check the most crucial information of your system, such as CPU speed, DRAM frequency, SATA information, fan speed, etc.
Dual Gigabit LAN
Users are able to connect two LAN cables to this motherboard's rear i/o.
ELNA Audio Caps
Who says high quality audio is only available on high-end motherboards? ASRock applied ELNA audio capacitors on mainstream and entry-level motherboards! Compared with traditional solid caps, the leakage current of ELNA audio caps is merely 3uA. This is the key to reduce noise level significantly and satisfy even the pickiest audiophiles.
Unlike traditional motherboards that use analog power, this motherboard uses a next generation digital PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) design, which provides CPU Vcore voltage more efficiently and smoothly, so that the stability and lifespan of the motherboard is greatly enhanced.
Supports DDR4 3200+ (OC)
Supports the latest DDR4 memory modules and most extreme memory performance!
Win 7 USB Patcher
Due to chipset limitation, when you want to install Windows® 7 on this MB, you may need to use “Win 7 USB Patcher” to create a new ISO file, or check this page for more details on how to install Windows® 7 OS.
A-Tuning is ASRock's multi purpose software suite with a new interface, more new features and improved utilities.
Live Update & APP Shop
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop is designed for your convenience. We provide various apps and support software for users to download. You can also easily optimize your system and keep your motherboard up to date with ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
Full Spike Protection
Some sensitive digital components on the motherboard are vulnerable to power surges, the excessive current may cause your system to malfunction immediately. ASRock Full Spike Protection includes various technologies to prevent your motherboard’s components from being damaged by these unexpected voltage spikes.
ASRock Cloud* technology makes your mobile devices connect to your PC seamlessly and supports multi devices for accessing File Explorer cloud service simultaneously!
*For more information please check:http://www.asrock.com/feature/cloud/index.html
In a world where time is money, why waste precious time everyday typing usernames to log in to Windows? Why should we even bother memorizing those foot long passwords? Nobody has time for that! Just plug in the USB Key and let your computer log in to windows automatically!
Restart to UEFI
Fast Boot is so fast that it is impossible for users to enter the UEFI setup utility during POST. Therefore, ASRock Restart to UEFI technology allows users to easily enter the UEFI setup utility automatically when turning on the PC next time. It is designed for those who constantly need to enter the UEFI setup utility.
ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
Limit and control your children's time spent on the internet. ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard) technology allows you to establish an internet curfew or restrict internet access at specified times. Administrators are able to schedule the starting and ending hours of internet access granted to other users.
UEFI Tech Service
Contact ASRock Tech Service by sending a support request from the UEFI setup utility if you are having trouble with your personal computer. Users may try to choose the category of the issue they have encountered, describe the problem in detail, and then attach an optional picture or log file for our technical support team.
Easy Driver Installer
For users that don’t have an optical disk drive to install the drivers from our support CD, Easy Driver Installer is a handy tool in the UEFI that installs the LAN driver to your system via an USB storage device, then downloads and installs the other required drivers automatically through the internet. Completely no CD or optical disk drive required!
ASRock XFast RAM fully utilizes the memory space that cannot be used under Windows® 32-bit operating systems. It shortens the loading time of previously visited websites, making web surfing faster than ever. And it also boosts the speed of Adobe Photoshop 5 times faster. Another advantage of ASRock XFast RAM is that it reduces the frequency of accessing your SSDs or HDDs in order to extend their lifespan.
When Internet Explorer loads very slowly for no clear reason, it's usually due to inefficient management. ASRock is rolling out super efficient web management in the motherboard industry. XFast LAN is a convenient tool that controls internet related applications easily and efficiently. Creating a perfect Internet environment, all you need is a smart manager. ASRock XFast LAN allows you to enjoy more speed, easier multitasking, enhanced multimedia experience, and more – all without weighing you down.
This motherboard supports HDMI™ (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) which is an interface standard for transferring uncompressed video data and delivering multi-channel audio through a single cable. Both video and audio data signals transferred through the HDMI™ interface are digital without being converted into analog, therefore it delivers the richest pictures and the most realistic sounds.
|Unique Feature||ASRock Super Alloy |
- Premium 45A Power Choke
- Dual-Stack MOSFET (DSM)
- High Density Glass Fabric PCB
ASRock 802.11ac WiFi
ASRock Full Spike Protection
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
|CPU||- Supports 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors (Socket 1151) |
- Digi Power design
- 6 Power Phase design
- Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
- Supports Intel® K-Series unlocked CPUs
- Supports ASRock BCLK Full-range Overclocking
|Chipset||- Intel® Z170|
|Memory||- Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology |
- 2 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR4 3200+(OC)*/2933(OC)/2800(OC)/2400(OC)/2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Max. capacity of system memory: 32GB**
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0
*Please refer to Memory Support List on ASRock's website for more information.
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
|BIOS||- 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support |
- ACPI 5.0 Compliant wake up events
- SMBIOS 2.7 Support
- CPU, GT_CPU, DRAM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VPPM, VCCSA Voltage Multi-adjustment
|Audio, Video and Networking|
|Graphics||- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video with AVC, MVC (S3D) and MPEG-2 Full HW Encode1, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel® Insider™, Intel® HD Graphics 510/530 |
- Pixel Shader 5.0, DirectX 12
- Max. shared memory 1792MB
- Three graphics output options: DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2
- Supports Triple Monitor
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 24Hz / (3840x2160) @ 30Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2304) @ 60Hz
- Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
- Supports Accelerated Media Codecs: HEVC, VP8, VP9
- Supports HDCP with DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 Ports
- Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with DVI-D, HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2 Ports
*Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
**Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
***Intel® InTru™ 3D is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
|Audio||- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)* |
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- ELNA Audio Caps
*To configure 7.1 CH HD Audio, it is required to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
|LAN||- 1 x Intel® I219V (Gigabit LAN PHY 10/100/1000 Mb/s) |
- 1 x Realtek RTL8111H (PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s)
- Supports Wake-On-WAN (on Realtek RTL8111H)
- Supports Wake-On-LAN
- Supports Lightning/ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- Supports LAN Cable Detection (on Realtek RTL8111H)
- Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
- Supports PXE
|Wireless LAN||- Supports IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac |
- Supports Dual-Band (2.4/5 GHz)
- Supports high speed wireless connections up to 433Mbps
- Supports Bluetooth 4.0 / 3.0 + High speed class II
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Slots||- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE1: x16 mode)* |
- 1 x Vertical Half-size Mini-PCI Express Slot: For WiFi + BT Module**
*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
**This Mini-PCI Express Slot supports WiFi and mSATA devices.
|Storage||- 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 14 and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug |
- 1 x mSATA Connector (shared with Mini-PCI Express Slot), support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 14 and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
|Connector||- 1 x TPM Header |
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion Header
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x Chassis Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 1 x 20 pin ATX Power Connector
- 1 x 4 pin 12V Power Connector
- 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
- 1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x USB 3.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
|Rear Panel I/O||- 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port |
- 1 x DVI-D Port
- 1 x HDMI Port
- 1 x DisplayPort 1.2
- 2 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 6 x USB 3.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN Ports with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
- HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
|Other Features / Miscellaneous|
|Software and BIOS||Software |
- ASRock A-Tuning
- ASRock Disk Health Report
- ASRock USB Key
- ASRock APP Charger
- ASRock XFast LAN
- ASRock XFast RAM
- ASRock Fast Boot (Fast Boot, Restart to UEFI)*
- ASRock EZ Mode
- ASRock Full HD UEFI
- ASRock My Favorites in UEFI
- ASRock Instant Flash
- ASRock Internet Flash
- ASRock Crashless BIOS
- ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
- ASRock UEFI System Browser
- ASRock UEFI Tech Service
- ASRock Easy RAID Installer
- ASRock Easy Driver Installer
*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
|Support CD||- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar|
|Accessories||- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield |
- 2 x SATA Data Cables
- 1 x WiFi-802.11ac Module
- 2 x SMA WiFi Antenna Cables
- 2 x ASRock WiFi 2.4/5 GHz Antennas
- 1 x WiFi Module Bracket
- 2 x Screws for WiFi Module
|Hardware Monitor||- CPU/Chassis temperature sensing |
- CPU/Chassis Fan Tachometer
- CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature)
- CPU/Chassis Fan multi-speed control
- CASE OPEN detection
- Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore
|Form Factor||- Mini-ITX Form Factor |
- Solid Capacitor design
|OS||- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit* |
*To install Windows® 7 OS, a modified installation disk with xHCI drivers packed into the ISO file is required. Please check our User Manual for more detailed instructions.
For the updated Windows® 10 driver, please visit ASRock's website for details.
|Certifications||- FCC, CE, WHQL |
- ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit OEM DVD PN KW9-00139