Seagate Desktop HDD: get what you want.
Count on Seagate to deliver the storage innovations that bring your costs down and crank your storage up.
More Seagate Desktop HDD features
- Industry's first 1 TB-per-disc hard drive technology
- OptiCache™ technology exploits big 64MB cache sizes and improved microprocessor capabilities
- Seagate OptiCache™ technology improves performance by up to 45% over the previous generation
- SATA 6Gb/s technology maximises performance
- Seagate AcuTrac™ technology enables reliable read/write performance even in high-touch operating environments
- Free DiscWizard™ software enables capacities beyond 2TB on legacy PC BIOS and Windows XP-based systems
Your no-hassle transition beyond 2TB.
Are you worried about moving beyond 2TB? You don't have to be. The Seagate DiscWizard™ utility makes this transition a snap:
More Seagate Desktop HDD Features
- Free software enables Windows machines to utilise drives beyond 2TB
- Seagate DiscWizard provides you a means to effectively utilise your 3TB and 4TB hard drives.
Maximises hard drive storage densities.
Seagate Desktop HDD, 1TB-per-disk technology incorporates 340,000 unique tracks in the width of a single inch. This incredible storage density drives new capacity possibilities and lowers your total storage costs.
Seagate AcuTrac™ technology enables storage densities with accurate reading and writing to nano-sized tracks only 75 nanometres wide! That is about 500 times smaller than the full stop at the end of this sentence.
Go beyond 2TB with DiscWizard™ software
The sure way to obtain native access to hard drives bigger than 2TB is to adopt the new BIOS standard called UEFI. If you are not ready for the new standard, Seagate provides an alternative.
Free DiscWizard™ software from Seagate provides you a means to effectively utilise your 3TB and 4TB Seagate Desktop HDDs, even with Windows XP and using the standard PC BIOS. Get your free copy to go beyond 2TB today!
Proven quality and performance
Seagate Desktop HDDs are the world's most popular desktop storage solutions. With consistent quality and performance-enhancing innovations and features such as native command queuing and perpendicular recording, Seagate delivers time and time again.
In addition, Seagate Desktop HDDs are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
Green where it counts
Seagate® Desktop HDDs with 1TB-per-disk have advanced power modes to save more energy while in idle states—without sacrificing performance.
Desktop HDDs are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
- Desktop HDDs comply with the US RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds
- Seventy per cent or more of the materials used to build Barracuda drives are recyclable
- Low power consumption