Linksys RE4000W Dual Band Wireless-N Range Extender
Web ID: 14676
The RE4000W delivers an increased wireless coverage area of up to 7,500 square feet by repeating and redistributing the signal from the router. This allows you to enjoy fast Wi-Fi speeds on your laptop or tablet--even if you're outside on the patio or in the backyard
Manufacturer PN: RE4000W
Warranty: 1 Year
Eliminate Dead Spots and Increase Existing Wireless Coverage
Easily boost the range of your existing wireless router and create a strong, reliable Wi-Fi signal for all the connected devices in and around your home with the Linksys Range Extender Pro. The RE4000W delivers an increased wireless coverage area of up to 7,500 square feet by repeating and redistributing the signal from the router. This allows you to enjoy fast Wi-Fi speeds on your laptop or tablet--even if you're outside on the patio or in the backyard.
Works with Any Wi-Fi Router or Gateway
The RE4000W is universally compatible with all Internet routers, including your service provider's router. Just connect it to your network and you can access the Internet from any device, wherever you are in your home.
Dual Wireless Bands for Maximum Performance
Thanks to dual bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), the RE4000W can deliver data transfer speeds of up to N300 Mbps + N300 Mbps so you can stream videos and play online games without interference.
This device brings wireless connectivity to the far reaches of your home, with a range of up to 7,500 square feet.
New Innovative Crossband Technology
With Crossband technology, the Dual Wireless bands can now receive information on one band and transmit on the other, reducing dropped data packets and creating a stronger, more consistent signal throughout your home.
Extend Your Wi-Fi Range up to 7,500 Feet
Using the RE4000W, you can enjoy a Wi-Fi coverage area in your home of up to 7,500 square feet. The result is a stronger, more reliable Wi-Fi signal, allowing you to stay connected on your laptop or mobile device from anywhere inside--or even outside--your home.
Ethernet Ports for Wired Connections
Along with wireless connectivity, we equipped the RE4000W with two Fast Ethernet ports so you can create reliable wired connections to desktop and laptop computers and other Internet-ready devices.
Quick and Easy Installation
- Connect the power cable.
- Plug in the range extender midway between your router and the area without Wi-Fi.
- Wait for a solid light on the cover of the range extender. Then, on a computer, phone, or tablet, connect to the Wi-Fi network "Linksys Extender Setup."
- Set up using the web browser (follow steps in Quick Installation Guide)
Minimum System Requirements
For range extender setup, the RE4000W requires a wireless router or access point, along with a Wi-Fi-enabled computer that has an Ethernet port and that runs the Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7, or Windows 8 operating system or the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, Lion 10.7 or later, or Mountain Lion 10.8 or later operating system.
- N600 PRO Wi-Fi Range Extender (RE4000W)
- AC power cord
- AC power connector cover
- Ethernet cable
- Quick installation guide
THE LINKSYS ADVANTAGE
- Cutting-edge technology from the networking leader
- Easy setup
- Best-in-class security
- Award-winner 24/7 customer support
- 1 year hardware limited warranty; 90 day complimentary assisted support (includes only technical phone support and live online chat support). Linksys online support resources are available 24/7
What Your Purchase Includes
- Linksys RE4000W Wireless Range Extender N600 Dual-Band 2.4 + 5 GHz
- AC Power Cord
- Ethernet cable
- Quick installation guide
- Model: Linksys RE4000W
- Technology: Wireless-N
- Bands: 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz Dual-Band
- Antennas: 2 Internal
- OS Compatibility: Windows & Mac
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Wireless: Existing a/b/g/n wireless router or access point
- PC: Wi-Fi enabled PC with CD or DVD drive, running Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Mac: Wi-Fi enabled Mac with CD or DVD drive, running OS X Leopard 10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, Lion 10.7 or later, or Moutain Lion 10.8 or later
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 8, Safari 5 (for Mac), Chrome, or Firefox 8 or higher for optional browser-based configuration