FUJITSU N7100 Network Image Scanner
Web ID: 27675
With the functionality of many devices, yet the simplicity of one, the N7100 network scanner contains the qualities organizations of all sizes desire to improve business processes. ONLY WHILE STOCKS LAST!
Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year
Manufacturer PN: N7100
Easy Stand-alone Network Operation with Large Display
Large size screen with integrated on-screen keyboard and PC functions are equipped in this compact network scanner. It can be used in the office or a teller window where space is limited. The user can perform scanning, data saving and transmission without the need to operate from a computer.
- Quick scanning speed that supports plastic card
Scanning speed is consistent at 25 pages per minute (ppm) even when scanning full A4 color, double-sided, at 300dpi. N7100 is equipped with accurate and stable feeding mechanisms that support scanning from thin paper to thick paper, and plastic card. Plastic ID card and application forms can be scanned together easily at a teller window of banks or hospitals.
- Less waiting time to achieve stress free scanning
In order for the user not to feel any stress, the image processing after scanning is quick thanks to the enhanced CPU/memory. The time from the start of scanning to the finish including image processing (when the preview of the last scanned page appears) is 50% shorter than the previous model(1). For regular scanning routines, only one touch of the scan button is necessary which greatly improves the productivity.
- High security assuming to be shared by multiple users
The N7100 achieves high security on the premise that it is shared by multiple users. Not only verification before scanning, but also encryption while processing and data deletion after scanning are performed automatically. Users can use the network scanner with peace of mind.
- Login authentication strictly controls what people can do with the scanner.
- Scanned data can be output as password-protected PDF files.
- Advanced security measures guard scanned data from prying eyes.
N7100 encrypts and temporarily stores scanned data locally during processing for e-mails, faxes, printing and network storage.
- Scanned data deletion
After scanned data has been e-mailed, faxed, printed out or saved to a network folder N7100 automatically deletes the temporarily stored data from its internal memory. Even if an error results in the data remaining in the memory, it is then automatically erased the next time the scanner is started up.
- Secure Initialize
When N7100 is initialized, free regions of the internal memory can be overwritten with completely random, meaningless data. As an added security measure, a new cipher key is generated after the user information is deleted. All of this ensures that no trace of old user data can be retrieved from open memory.
Perfect Fit Customized to Your Unique Needs
Administrators can customize the touch panel job menu and scan settings of N7100 to suit the work of a specific user or user group registered to the scanner. The user’s application can be integrated to the scanner as add-in software using the exclusive SDK (for Windows). N7100 comes with an open USB port to connect a keyboard or other USB devices(2) (except USB memory). N7100 can be customized to be a terminal exclusively for your operation.
*To satisfy the security policy, anti-virus software can be installed as an option to safely expand the functions.
*The SDK (software development kit) allows for the development of scanner controlled workplace applications. The Network Scanner Control SDK is free to download. Support scheme is different by each sales region.
High Quality Results Perfectly Suited for OCR
The scanner driver PaperStream IP, which supports TWAIN saves the hassle in fine adjusting the document for OCR processes. It automatically converts the images into exceptionally clean images, accelerating OCR even when scanning wrinkled/soiled document or documents with a background.
Automated functions take the work out of scanning
Advanced automated functions ensure N7100 digitizes your documents with remarkable precision and efficiency. Produce beautiful scans quickly with barely the need to lift a finger.
|Auto Orientation||Color Detection|
|Auto Deskew||Paper Size Detection|
|Blank Page Removal||Marker Index *|
* This function detects words marked with a highlighter and embeds them as keywords in PDF files.
Versatile range of use from SOHO to large enterprises
Connects with a variety of server types
N7100 easily satisfies the digitizing needs of small office networks which use a file server and e-mail server. It is also right at home with more complex LDAP/LDAPS authentication-based networks, integrated with Microsoft Exchange Server, SharePoint and other application hubs.
Set up and manage multiple N7100 scanners at one time
N7100 offers administration functions that allow you to individually or collectively setup and manage a vast network of N7100 units with ease from a single console.
- Network Scanner Admin Tool
The Admin Tool function allows you to adjust running environment settings one scanner at a time.
- Scanner Central Admin Console/Scanner Central Admin Server
Collectively monitor and manage scanner usage, settings and much more for multiple N7100 units through the Scanner Central Admin Server function.
- Time to scan 10 A4 sheets in color. Time from pressing the "scan" button until the completion of image processing (preview image of the last page appears) is 50% shorter compared to the predecessor N1800 (52 seconds reduced to 24 seconds)
Output resolution: 200dpi, Output file format: Multi-TIFF
Image Processing: Auto color detection, Automatic page size detection, Rotation, Blank page skip, Multifeed detection
- Only standard keyboard with layout of 109(Japanese) and 102(English) are supported. When using with other USB devices such as IC card reader, development of Add-in application using Network Scanner Control SDK (free download) is necessary.
|Scanner type||ADF (Automatic Document Feeder), Duplex scanning|
|Scanning modes||Color, grayscale, monochrome, automatic (color / grayscale / monochrome detection)|
|Image sensor type||Color CIS x 2 (front x 1, back x 1)|
|Light source||3 Color LED (Red / Green / Blue)|
|Multi-feed detection||Supported (Standard) ultrasonic multi-feed defection sensor|
|Normal mode |
|A4, A5, A6, B5, B6, Business card, Post card, Letter, Legal and Custom sizes (Max: 216 x 355.6 mm (8.5 x 14.17 in.), Min: 50.8 x 50.8 mm (2 x2 in.)) Automatically recognizes document size|
|Normal mode |
|Use of a Carrier Sheet permits the scanning of A3, B4, 11 x 17 in., and photographs as well as the documents sizes that are listed above|
|Long paper |
|3,048 mm (120 in.) (2)|
|Paper weight |
|40 to 209 g/? , or 11 to 56 lb (paper thickness 0.049 to 0.257 mm) |
|Color||Simplex: 25 ppm (200, 300 dpi) |
Duplex: 50 ipm (200, 300 dpi)
|Paper chute capacity||50 sheets (Letter/A4, 80 g/? or 20 lb) (Active loadable ADF)|
|Expected Daily Volume||4,000 sheets|
|Optical resolution||600 dpi|
|Color (24-bit)||150 / 200 / 300 / 600 dpi|
|Output methods(5)|| |
|Output file formats||PDF(Searchable / Password-protected / compressed / Marker Index processed), JPEG, TIFF(single / multi-page), page output in reverse order|
|Authentication (5)|| |
|Network interface||10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000 BASE-T|
|Network protocols||TCP/IP(IPv4 / IPv6 (7) ), DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SMB, LDAP, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP|
|Scanner Central Admin Server||Windows® 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 Server required|
|Network Server Authentication||Windows® 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 Server or open LDAP|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 240 V ±10%|
|Power consumption||Operating mode: 38 W or less |
Sleep mode: 2.0 W or less
Auto Standby (off) mode: 1.0 W or less
|Operating environment||Temperature: 5 to 35°C (41 to 95°F) |
Relative humidity: 20 to 80% (Non-condensing)
|Dimensions:Width X Depth X Height (8)||300 x 232 x 172 mm (11.8 x 9.1 x 6.8 in.)|
|Weight||6 kg or less (28.7 lb)|
|Environmental compatibility||ENERGY STAR® / RoHS|
|Display||LCD||8.4 inch XGA (1,024 x 768 pixels) TFT Color monitor|
|Touch panel||Analog resistive touch panel|
- Scan A8 size documents with a paper thickness of 127 g/?
- Scanning the document over 863mm in length is supported with output resolution 200dpi or below.
- Actual scanning speeds are affected by data transmission and software processing times.
- Maximum output resolution may vary upon scanning range. In addition, Carrier Sheet scanning supports scanning at resolutions of up to 300 dpi.
- Please check System Requirements for details about the server types supported by N7100.
- An authentication database is stored locally in the N7100. User information is registered into the database from the application User Editor. Only one authentication database can be configured in the scanner.
- IPv6 function will be available by applying updates which will be available for download from Aug, 2015 (free of charge).
*Points of Attention regarding usage of IPv6:
- N7100 has earned the IPv6 Ready Logo Phase-2 (CORE), approved by the IPv6 Ready Logo Program for testing conformance and interoperability among devices using IPv6.
- IPv6 connection requires network devices that support IPv6. Please confirm IPv6 connection among your network devices and N7100 in the network environement in order to assign an IPv6 address to N7100.
- Please use an IPv4 address of N7100 for connection with an FTP Proxy server, an NTP server, an SNMP server, or a Central Admin server. N7100 does not support the connections with those servers using IPv6 addresses.
- Excluding the ADF paper chute and stacker.