- ReadyScan LED Technology – Energy efficient LED Technology is better for the environment with no warm up time and faster scans.
- 6400 x 9600dpi Resolution - Outstanding photographic scanning quality combining image clarity and colour consistency.
- Scan & Share – automatically upload to Facebook, popular cloud services and more.
- Easy Photo Fix Technology – Restore old faded colour photos and relive memories with one-touch.
- 3.4 Dmax optical density – provides crisp definition for accurate colour tonal capture.
- Featuring DIGITAL ICE™ Technology - an incredibly powerful tool using both hardware and software to detect and remove dust and scratch marks from colour film and slide scanning.
- Scan multiple files at one time – auto edge detection crops each image and saves the scan as a separate file for added convenience.
- Scanning versatility - with two film holders, one designed for two strips of 35mm film or four mounted slides, and the other for 6x12cm medium format film.
In yet another world first for Epson, the Epson Perfection V550 Photo is the first release of a CCD (Charge–Coupled Device) scanner using LED (Light Emitting Diode) technology.
In stark contrast to traditional scanners that use Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL) as the light source, the Epson Perfection V550 Photo's LED technology is:
Underpinning the Epson Perfection V550 Photo's high level of performance is its 6400dpi Matrix CCD (Charged Couple Device) and Micro Lens technology combination. The enormous advantage of the CCD and On–Chip Micro Lens combination is that it enables the Epson Perfection V550 Photo to be incredibly light sensitive. As a result, photograph and film scans exhibit superior levels of picture quality than would otherwise be achieved. The Epson Perfection V550 Photo takes scanning to the next level with 12 lines of CCD with micro lenses compared with only 6 lines on previous models. This enables the Epson Perfection V550 Photo to produce better quality scans at faster speeds.
Adding even greater scanning resolution power is the scanner's ability to move the optical carriage at 9600dpi with Micro Step Drive — a feature that has consistently provided Epson Perfection scanner users with brilliantly clear images exhibiting high colour consistency.
3.4 Dmax – The Epson Perfection V550 Photo has a scanning contrast ratio of 3.4 Dmax.
In designing the Epson Perfection V550 Photo, Epson research and development teams placed an enormous emphasis on versatility – ensuring the one scanner would provide an ideal solution for scanning documents, photos, negatives and slides.
Strip Film and slides – With two film holders, the Epson Perfection V550 Photo can process:
- 12 frames of 35mm strip film (6 frames per strip)
- 4 frames of 35mm mounted slides
- 1 frame of medium format film (120/220) (up to 6–by–12cm)
In keeping with the proven ease–of–use features that are a key differentiator of all Epson Perfection scanners, the Epson Perfection V550 Photo has been designed with a straightforward four–button operation panel. Once pressed, each button automatically initiates a corresponding on–screen workflow.
- Start button: Once pressed, the Start button runs the PC/Mac–based Epson Scan software, providing simple and immediate access to the Epson Perfection V550 Photo's total set of software–based scanning tools.
- Copy button: Essentially providing the basis of a versatile copying machine, the Copy button streamlines the process of creating duplicate copies of your documents and photos.
- Scan to E–mail button: Automatically activating the Epson Scan Full Auto mode and the Send File via E–mail dialog box, the Scan to E–mail button cuts down on the time and effort normally required to scan and e–mail photos and documents.
- Scan to PDF button: A valuable tool for home and business users, Scan to PDF makes light work of converting documents and photos to size–efficient and easily manageable digital PDF (Portable Document Format) files.
With numerous technologies that enhance the speed of data processing and transmission, the Epson Perfection V550 Photo has been designed to provide outstanding quality scanning without compromising on speed. The first of these technologies is a high–speed PC–centric ASIC (Application–Specific Integrated Circuit) that processes image data at speeds much greater than previous models.
With a moving carriage type TPU (Transparency Unit), the Epson Perfection V550 Photo achieves brighter and more evenly dispersed luminance, which are essential requirements in improving scan uniformity and film/negative scanning speed.
Adding even further to the high–speed capabilities of the Epson Perfection V550 Photo is its standard USB 2.0 port. Aside from providing broad connectivity support, the USB 2.0 port ensures a high–speed transmission rate of the massive amounts of scanned image data captured and processed by the scanner.
Included with your new Epson Perfection V550 Photo is a range of bundled software that gives you a comprehensive and easy–to–use set of image scanning, manipulation and management tools.
Epson Creativity Suite:This software application is used to produce thumbnails of image files for browsing and organising image collections. It also provides retouching and launcher functions that can be used in accordance with the user's needs. Once File Manager is opened, the applets can be accessed by clicking on its icon or by dragging and dropping the image thumbnail onto the project icon. This latest version of Epson Creativity Suite also comes with red eye reduction and mailer support.
Epson Scan 3.2: This new version of the popular scanner control software developed by Epson includes features, such as Backlight correction, along with an improved Dust Removal function. Available for Windows and Mac operating systems, Epson Scan has been designed to simplify workflow and generate better scanning results than ever before. Epson Scan 3.2 includes:
- High Compression PDF — by analysing and separating the text area and background area or document, High Compression PDF enables file sizes to be as small as one–third of conventional JPEG files.
- ICC Profile Embedding (TIFF and JPEG) — designed to improve poor colour management due to undefined colour space characteristics of the scanned image data.
The Epson V550 Photo makes it easier than ever to share special moments, by including new features such as scan to Facebook, Picasa and other photo sharing web sites. This new feature enables convenient photo sharing with family and friends on today’s popular social media.
|Epson Perfection V550 Photo||B11B210401|
|SCANNER TYPE||Flatbed A4 colour image scanner|
|OPTICAL RESOLUTION||Main: 6400 dpi x 9600 dpi|
|SUB-SCANNING METHOD||Fixed document and carriage moving|
|PHOTOELECTRIC DEVICE||216x297mm (A4+Letter)|
|TRANSPARENCY||35mm Strip film 12 frames |
35mm Slides 4 frames
6cm x 12cm medium format (120/220) 1 frame
|TRANSPARENCY UNIT MAXIMUM SCANNING SIZE||68.6 x 236.9mm|
|PHOTOELECTRIC DEVICE||Matrix CCD (12 line with on chip micro lens)|
|LIGHT SOURCE||White LED, IR LED|
|SUB-SCANNING METHOD||Fixed document and moving carriage|
|OUTPUT RESOLUTION||50 – 6400, 9600, 12800 dpi (50 to 6400 dpi in 1dpi increments)|
|COLOURS||Internal 48 bit (281.5 trillion colours) |
Output 48 bit (281.5 trillion colours)
24 bit (16.7 colours million)
16 bit (65,536 grayscale levels)
8 bit (256 grayscale levels)
1 bit Monochrome
|A4 300dpi |
|14 seconds |
|FILM SCANNING||Draft Mode||Best Mode|
|35mm Positive film |
35mm Negative film
|55 sec |
|55 sec |
|Scanning speed test results vary according to system configuration, dpi setting, and scan mode setting. However, documents and photos other than those pictured above can be substituted without significantly affecting test results.|
|IMAGE QUALITY ENHANCER||DIGITAL ICE (for film) |
DIGITAL ICE LITE (for film)
Dust Removal (Software for film and reflective/photo)
PRINT Image Matching II
Optimized Auto Exposure
Unsharp Mask with Noise Reduction
De-Screening with Document Type Optimizer
Tone Curve Adjustment with Histogram
|EASY SCANNING||4 Push Buttons linked with EPSON Creativity Suite |
Stand-Alone Application and Scan to File Feature
Multi Purpose User Interface
Multi Document Auto Detection
Multi Document Auto Cropping
Auto Skew Correction
Auto Photo Orientation
Film Scanning Thumbnail Preview
SCANNER DRIVERS Windows® 7/7x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XPx64/2000, Mac® OS 10.3.9 or later (Universal Version)**
**(iMac/iBook/Power Book/Power Macintosh of USB2.0 I/F standard equipped)
|TEMPERATURE||10°C to 35°C (Operating)|
|HUMIDITY||10% to 80% without condensation (Operating)|
(AC200V model) AC220-240V 50-60Hz
|POWER CONSUMPTION||Approx. 16W (Operation) |
Approx. 4W (Sleep Mode)
Epson Scan with Epson easy Photo Fix™ Technology
Epson Easy Photo Scan
|12 months return to base||Standard|
|Optional Additional 2 Year Warranty||3YWPV550P|
|Epson Scanner Warranty|
LG 24x Internal SATA DVD Writer Black PN GH24NSD1
$19Add to cart
27" ASUS VC279H IPS Eyecare Monitor with Speakers
$269Add to cart
Brother TN-1070 Black Toner Cartridge (1,000 Pages)