ASUS S2011-3 ATX X99-E WS USB 3.1 Workstation DDR4 Motherboard
Web ID: 16397
Intel Socket 2011-3, Intel X99 Chipset, 8 x DIMM DDR4 up to 128GB, 7 x PCIe 3.0/2,0 (supports quad x16/x16/x16/x16 or seven x16/x8/x8/x8/x16/x8/x8), NVIDIA 4-Way SLI, AMD 4-Way CreossFireX, 8 x SATA 6Gb/s, 1 x M.2 (M Key, type 2260/2280), 1 x SATA Express, RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, Dual Gigabit LAN, 7.1 Channel HD Audio with Optical Out, 2 x USB 3.1 Type-A, 12 x USB 3.0 (8 at back panel, 4 at mid-board), 4 x USB 2.0 (4 at mid-board), 2 x eSATA Ports, CEB Form Factor ONLY WHILE STOCKS LAST!
Manufacturer PN: X99-E WS USB 3.1
Warranty: 3 Year
The Intel X99 chipset-based workstation motherboard features on-demand NVIDIA® GeForce® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ technology, plus hassle-free troubleshooting features for minimized downtime.
The X99-E WS/USB 3.1 can carry up to four dual-slot graphics. It supports 4-Way NVIDIA® Geforce® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ x 16 Link, making it an excellent choice for graphics professionals who depend on powerful graphics in areas such as design and modeling, medical research, plus processing-intensive simulation and rendering applications. In addition to graphics cards, extensive X99-E WS/USB 3.1 expandability offers ample room for RAID cards, PCI Express-based solid state storage drives, video capture cards, and other components.
Fire Strike Extreme scope
Testing Software:3D Mark (2013)
Testing Configuration:MB:X99-E WS/USB 3.1 / CPU : Intel Core i7-5960X
/DRAM: Samsung 21338GB x4 GPU: GTX780Ti / O.S.: Windows 8.1_64
Carefully engineered with Beat Thermal Chokes made of highly conductive and efficient gold-treated coating for minimal-loss power delivery and integrated Dr.MOS MOSFET that both saves space and reduces operating temperatures. For the latest workstation motherboard, ASUS introduce the industry's most durable 12K solid capacitors, and exclusive ASUS ProCool power connectors. X99-E WS/USB 3.1 is built to stay cool under pressure — and boosts performance, power efficiency and product longevity into extreme levels!
ASUS is the world's first motherboard manufacturer to introduce 12K solid capacitors, and X99-E WS/USB 3.1 is of course equipped. These Japanese-made capacitors are the most durable in the industry, able to endure up to 12K hours at 105 °C and 1.2M hours at 65 °C. This is far higher than the temperatures generated by everyday computing, so X99-E WS/USB 3.1 is built for endurance . Our 12k capacitors also boast lowered equivalent series resistance (ESR) for increased efficiency and minimized heat generation — improving overall performance!
Q-code logger is your one-touch status checker that lets users easily check system status at any time. Plug a flash drive into adjacent USB port, press the motherboard's dedicated Q-Code logger button and all ASUS Q-Code event logs for the current live session will be copied to the drive even with the system off.
As the X99-E WS/USB 3.1 is meant for professional users who rely on non-stop operation, stable power delivery is critical. Real time power supply health detection helps prevent sudden system shutdown and provides hassle-free notifications should power delivery be insufficient. Additionally, LED messages on the board clearly indicate any relevant power issues in the event your system fails to boot.
The X99-E WS/USB 3.1' CPU socket includes extra pins that connect proprietary circuitry to extra contacts found on Haswell-E's land grid array (LGA). When combined with our customized UEFI, this exclusive feature offers comprehensively-improved overclocking margins, especially under extreme liquid-nitrogen (LN2) overclocking. You'll enjoy better margins for memory overclocking, better comparative memory performance under the same frequencies, and better margins for CPU overclocking with minimal voltage drop — so you're able to push the latest processors and DDR4 memory beyond their limits! OC Socket is 100% compatible with the new Haswell-E LGA 2011-3 processors. Forget limits, break every performance barrier with OC Socket!
This is the first platform to support DDR4 memory, and it is capable of overclocking memory up to DDR4 3200+ MHz with all eight DIMMs fully loaded! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus patent-pending OC Socket unleash the full potential of DDR4 by minimizing crosstalk and signal reflections. Thanks to our expertise in motherboard layout design, signal timing issues are also greatly reduced, resulting in improved stability and overall performance. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility – so you're assured reliable performance from your favorite brands.
Enjoy the DDR4 benefits with X99-E WS/USB 3.1. (DDR4:DDR3)
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. Your PC is smart with ASUS 5-Way Optimization. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use – so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and now even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else!
- Games run swiftly and smoothly with highest performance, prioritized bandwidth and crystal-clear sound.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
- Never-stutter in professional apps and heavy loading.
- Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
Fan Xpert 3 puts 4-pin/3-pin CPU and case fan controls in one place. It scans each fan's characteristics and delivers custom settings for each fan based on the dedicated area temperatures detected by hardware thermal sensors. Make sure every fan achieves the best balance of cooling performance and low noise. Fan Xpert 3 supports hardware-level PWM/DC combo mode for both the CPU and case fans. It even can reduce the CPU fan speed to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet and power saving operation during light loads.
Next page >
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
- Fan Profile: Detailed CPU and case fan information for instant cooling!
- SATA Information: Displays SATA port details for you to easily recognize devices!
- Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date!
- EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click!
- GPU POST: Find more info about your graphics cards and slot bandwidth allocation. Great for 2 or 3-way SLI or CrossFireX
- Shortcut: Press Enter to create shortcuts to favorite settings, or select an existing shortcut and press F4 to go straight there!
- Quick Notes: Make notes and capture BIOS-related ideas, quickly and conveniently!
- Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive!
- SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification!
- CPU Build in Intel® Socket 2011-v3 Core™ i7 Processors
Supports Intel® 22 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
Intel® Socket 2011-v3 for Intel® Xeon® processor E5-1600 v3 product family
Intel® Socket 2011-v3 for Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v3 product family
- Chipset Intel® X99
- Memory 8 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *1
8 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 2133/1866 MHz ECC, Un-buffered Memory *2
8 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 2133/1866 MHz ECC, Register Memory *2
Quad Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
- Multi-GPU Support Supports NVIDIA® 4-Way SLI™ Technology
Supports AMD 4-Way CrossFireX Technology
- Expansion Slots 7 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (single x16 or dual x16/x16 or triple x16/x16/x16 or quad x16/x16/x16/x16 or seven x16/x8/x8/x8/x8/x8/x8)
- Storage Intel® X99 chipset : *3
1 x SATA Express port, gray, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
1 x M.2 x4 Socket 3, gray, , with M Key, type 2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE mode)
8 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray, *4
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology supports*5
ASMedia® SATA Express controller : *6
1 x SATA Express port, gray, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
ASMedia® SATA 6Gb/s controller :
2 x eSATA 6Gb/s port(s)compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
- LAN Intel® I210-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Intel® I218LM, 1 x Gigabit LAN, Dual interconnect between the Integrated Media Access Controller (MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY)
- Audio Realtek® ALC1150 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking, Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking
- High quality 109 dB SNR stereo playback output (Line-out at rear) and 104 dB SNR stereo playback input (Line-in)
- High-fidelity audio OP AMP(s)
Audio Feature :
- DTS Ultra PC II
- DTS Connect
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- BD Audio Layer Content Protection
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Audio amplifier: Provides the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers
Premium Japanese-made 12K hours capacitors
- Absolute Pitch 192khz/24bit true BD lossless sound
Separate layer for left and right track, ensuring both sound deliver equal quality
- USB Ports Intel® X99 chipset :
4 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, +blue)
Intel® X99 chipset :
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller :
2 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, teal blue)
ASMedia® USB 3.0 controller :
8 x USB 3.0/2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
- Workstation Feature 7 x PCIe x 16 slot(s)
ASUS Dr. Power
12K hours Capacitors
ProCool Power Connector
ASUS PIKE SAS upgrade kit(Optional)
- Special Features 5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
- Whole system optimization with a single click! 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ Power Control, Fan Xpert 3, and Turbo App together, providing better CPU performance, efficient power saving, precise digital power control, whole system cooling and even tailor your own app usages.
ASUS TPU :
- Auto Tuning
- GPU Boost
- TPU switch
ASUS EPU :
- EPU switch
ASUS Digital Power Design :
- Industry leading Digital 8 Phase Power Design
- Industry leading Digital 4 Phase DRAM Power Design
- CPU Power Utility
- DRAM Power Utility
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger+
- USB Charger+
- M.2 & SATA Express
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
- USB 3.1 Boost
- Disk Unlocker
- Turbo LAN
- Crystal Sound 2
- Media Streamer
ASUS EZ DIY :
- Precision Tweaker 2
- ASUS O.C. Tuner
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS
- ASUS EZ Flash
- ASUS USB BIOS Flashback
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode
- Push Notice
ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-Shield
- ASUS Q-Code
- ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, Boot Device LED)
- ASUS Q-Slot
- ASUS Q-DIMM
- ASUS Q-Connector
Special Memory O.C. Design
Fan Xpert 3
- Operating System Support Windows® 8.1
- Back I/O Ports 2 x eSATA
2 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
2 x USB 3.1 (teal blue)
8 x USB 3.0 (blue)
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
8 x Audio jack(s)
1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
1 x Q-Code Logger button
- Internal I/O Ports 2 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.0 port(s) (19-pin)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
2 x SATA Express connector: gray, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
1 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key, type 2260/2280 devices
1 x TPM connector(s)
8 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
4 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 x -pin)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
2 x 8-pin EATX 12 V Power connector
1 x 6-pin EATX 12 V_1 Power connector(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x EZ XMP switch
1 x Front panel connector(s)
1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
1 x DRCT header(s)
1 x MemOK! button(s)
1 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
1 x TPU switch(es)
1 x CPU/DRAM overvoltage jumper(s)
1 x Power-on button(s)
1 x Reset button(s)
1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
1 x Dr.Power switch(es)
1 x 3-pin CHASSIS(Chassis intrusion) connector
- Accessories User's manual
1 x COM port cable(s)
12 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
1 x 3-Way SLI bridge(s)
1 x 4-Way SLI bridge(s)
1 x Q-connector(s) (2 in 1)
1 x 2-port USB 2.0 module(s)
- BIOS 128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI2.7, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0, Multi-language BIOS,
ASUS EZ Flash 2, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 EZ Tuning Wizard, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Quick Note, Last Modified log,
F12 PrintScreen, F3 Shortcut functions and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
- Manageability WfM 2.0, DMI 2.7, WOL by PME, PXE
- Support Disc Drivers?ASUS Utilities?EZ Update ?Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Form Factor CEB Form Factor
12 inch x 10.5 inch ( 30.5 cm x 26.7 cm )
- Note *1 When installing Intel® Socket 2011-v3 Core™ i7 Processors
*2 When installing Intel® Xeon® E5-1600 v3/2600 v3 Processor
*3 Intel® X99 Express Chipset with RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology 13 support
*4 8 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports* (4 x gray from controller 1, 4 x black from controller 2)
*5 These functions will work depending on the CPU installed
*6 These SATA ports are for data hard drivers only. ATAPI devices are not supported