ASUS AM3+ ATX M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard, BONUS Steelseries Mouse Pad!
Web ID: 16140
AMD Socket AM3+, AMD 760G/SB710 Chipset, 4 x DDR3 Memory Slots, 1 x PCIe x16 Slot, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI, 6 x SATA 6Gb/s, RAID 0, 1, 10, D-Sub (VGA), DVI, HDMI, Gigabit LAN, 2 x USB 3.0 (2 at back panel), 10 x USB 2.0 (4 at back panel and 6 via internal header), 7.1 Channel Audio with Optical Out, ATX Form Factor, BONUS SteelSeries 63004 QcK Gaming Mouse Pad PN 63004 ONLY WHILE STOCKS LAST!
Manufacturer PN: M5A78L-M/USB3
Warranty: 3 Year
AMD® FX™ /Phenom™II /Athlon™II /Sempron™ 100 Series Processors
This motherboard supports AMD® AM3+multi-core processors with unique L3 cache and delivers better overclocking capabilities with less power consumption. It features dual-channel DDR3 memory support and accelerates data transfer rate up to 5200MT/s via HyperTransport™ 3.0 based system bus. This motherboard also supports AMD® CPUs in the new 32nm manufacturing process.
Dual-Channel DDR3 2000(O.C.) support
The motherboard supports DDR3 memory that features data transfer rates of 2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 MHz to meet the higher bandwidth requirements of the latest 3D graphics, multimedia, and Internet applications. The dual-channel DDR3 architecture enlarges the bandwidth of your system memory to boost system performance.
System Level Energy Saving
The ASUS EPU (Energy Processing Unit) provides total system power management by detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power usage for critical PC components in real-time–helping save power and money!
USB 3.0 support
Experience ultra-fast data transfer at 4.8Gbps with USB 3.0 – the latest connectivity standard. Built to connect easily with next-generation components and peripherals, USB 3.0 transfers data 10 times faster and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 components.
AI Suite II
One stop Access to Innovative ASUS Features
With its user-friendly interface, ASUS AI Suite II consolidates all the exclusive ASUS features into one simple to use software package. It allows users to supervise Overclocking, energy management, fan speed control, voltage and sensor readings. This all-in-one software offers diverse and ease to use functions, with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities.
ASUS Anti-Surge Protection
Anti-Surge Protection Design detects overvoltage conditions and prevents voltage surges from spreading in real time. It also actively cuts off the overvoltage supply to protect the system.
1. Real-time over voltage detection.
2. Active protection against potential damage to your motherboards and systems.
8-channel high definition audio
The onboard 8-channel HD audio (High Definition Audio, previously codenamed Azalia) CODEC enables high-quality 192KHz/24-bit audio output and jack-detect feature that automatically detects and identifies what types of peripherals are plugged into the audio I/O jacks and notifies users of inappropriate connection, which means there will be no more confusion of Line-in, Line-out, and Mic jacks.
C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
The BIOS C.P.R. feature automatically restores the CPU default settings when the system hangs due to overclocking failure. C.P.R. eliminates the need to open the system chassis and clear the RTC data. Simply shut down and reboot the system, and the BIOS automatically restores the CPU parameters to their default settings.
Simply update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS
EZ Flash 2 is a user-friendly BIOS update utility. Simply launch this tool and update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. You can update your BIOS only in a few clicks without preparing an additional floppy diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.
CrashFree BIOS 3
Simply restore corrupted BIOS data from USB flash disk
The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 allows users to restore corrupted BIOS data from a USB flash disk containing the BIOS file. This utility saves users the cost and hassle of buying a replacement BIOS chip.
The motherboard is European Union´s Energy-related Products (ErP) ready, and ErP requires products to meet certain energy efficiency requirements in regards to energy consumptions. This is in line with ASUS vision of creating environment-friendly and energy-efficient products through product design and innovation to reduce carbon footprint of the product and thus mitigate environmental impacts.
- CPU AMD AM3+ FX™/Phenom™ II/Athlon™ II/Sempron™ 100 Series Processors
Supports CPU up to 140 W
AMD Cool 'n' Quiet™ Technology
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
- Chipset AMD 760G (780L)/SB710
- Memory 4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
* Refer to www.asus.com or user manual for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
* Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Install a 64-bit Windows® OS when you want to install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard.
* AMD FX Series CPU on this motherboard supports up to DDR3 1866MHz as its standard memory frequency.
* AMD AM3 100 and 200 series CPU support up to DDR3 1066MHz.
- System Bus Up to 5.2 GT/s HyperTransport™ 3
- Graphic Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 GPU
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI/RGB ports *1
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI with max. resolution 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 2560 x 1440 @ 75 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
Hybrid CrossFireX™ Support
- Expansion Slots 1 x PCIe x16
1 x PCIe x1
2 x PCI
- Storage Built-in Controller :
6 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), blue
Support Raid 0, 1, 10, JBOD
- LAN Realtek®, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
- Audio VIA VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- USB Ports Built-in Controller :
10 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at back panel, black, 6 at mid-board)
Built-in Controller :
2 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue)
- ROG Exclusive Features Overclocking Protection :
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
- Special Features ASUS EPU :
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- Ai Charger
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- ASUS Q-Fan
ASUS EZ DIY :
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- ASUS MyLogo 2
- Back I/O Ports 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port(s)
1 x DVI
1 x D-Sub
1 x HDMI
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
2 x USB 3.0
4 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
6 x Audio jack(s)
- Internal I/O Ports 3 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 6 USB 2.0 port(s)
1 x COM port(s) connector(s)
6 x SATA 3Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
1 x Chassis Fan connector(s)
1 x S/PDIF out header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x parallel port connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x System panel(s)
- Accessories User's manual
2 x SATA 3Gb/s cable(s)
- BIOS 16 Mb Flash ROM, AMI BIOS, PnP, DMI v2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS V2.5, ACPI V2.0a
- Support Disc Drivers
ASUS PC Probe II
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Form Factor uATX Form Factor
9.6 inch x 9.6 inch ( 24.4 cm x 24.4 cm )
- Note *1: Support dual VGA output: HDMI & RGB, DVI & RGB.
*2: Refer to www.amd.com for the Hybrid CrossFireX selected GPUs.
PCIe Wireless-N ASUS PCE-N15 300Mbps Network Card
$25Add to cart
1TB WD 3.5" 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s Blue HDD PN WD10EZEX