ASRock FM2+ ATX FM2A88M-HD+ R3.0 Motherboard
Web ID: 18856
ASRock Super Alloy, Supports Socket FM2+ 95W / FM2 100W processors, Supports DDR3 2400+(OC), 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCI 2.0 x1, 1 PCI, Supports AMD Dual Graphics, Graphics Output Options: DVI-D, D-Sub, HDMI, 5.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec), ELNA Audio Caps, 4 SATA3, 4 USB 3.0 (2 Front, 2 Rear), Supports Full Spike Protection, ASRock Live Update & APP Shop, ATX Form Factor, BONUS Razer Vespula Dual sided Gaming Mouse Pad
Manufacturer PN: FM2A88M-HD+ R3.0
Warranty: 1 Year
High Density Glass Fabric PCB
What you’ve never understood about your computer is that it is scared to death of water, H2O, humidity or whatever you’d like to name it. And even though you do not see the water, actually there may be lots of excessive moist in the air killing your motherboard silently and slowly. No, your motherboard doesn’t melt when in contact with water like the wicked witch of the west, but it dies of short circuit. Luckily, ASRock has a new High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
High Density Glass Fabric PCB
Traditional Glass Fabric PCB
Graphics, graphics and even more graphics! You've demanded for more eye candy, so this motherboard supports Triple Monitor. You may choose up to three display interfaces from the rear i/o to connect monitors and use them simultaneously without installing another graphics card.
FM2/FM2+ APU Support
This motherboard is compatible with both AMD FM2 and FM2+ APUs. Please note that some new features may be only supported by FM2+ APUs.
Supports DDR3 2400(OC)
Supports the latest DDR3 memory modules and most extreme memory performance!
ELNA Audio Caps
Who says high quality audio is only available on high-end motherboards? ASRock applied ELNA audio capacitors on mainstream and entry-level motherboards! Compared with traditional solid caps, the leakage current of ELNA audio caps is merely 3uA. This is the key to reduce noise level significantly and satisfy even the pickiest audiophiles.
3 Graphics Outputs
Complete with all three types of most used connectors! Packed with a D-Sub + DVI-D + HDMI combo. Plus the HDMI port supports 4K resolution.
Solid Capacitor Design
ASRock applied solid capacitors on this motherboard. With these solid caps, this motherboard is allowed to perform more stably and ensure longer lifetime.
Live Update & APP Shop
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop is designed for your convenience. We provide various apps and support software for users to download. You can also easily optimize your system and keep your motherboard up to date with ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
Full Spike Protection
Some sensitive digital components on the motherboard are vulnerable to power surges, the excessive current may cause your system to malfunction immediately. ASRock Full Spike Protection includes various technologies to prevent your motherboard’s components from being damaged by these unexpected voltage spikes.
A-Tuning is ASRock's multi purpose software suite with a new interface, more new features and improved utilities.
ASRock Cloud* technology makes your mobile devices connect to your PC seamlessly and supports multi devices for accessing File Explorer cloud service simultaneously!
*For more information please check:http://www.asrock.com/feature/cloud/index.html
ASRock App Charger
Fast Charge & Charge Anytime
Simply installing the App Charger driver, it makes your iPhone charge up to 40% faster than before. ASRock App Charger supports continuous charging when your PC enters Standby mode (S1), Suspend to RAM (S3), hibernation mode (S4) or power off (S5). The App Charger technology has been fully applied on ASRock Full series motherboards.
In a world where time is money, why waste precious time everyday typing usernames to log in to Windows? Why should we even bother memorizing those foot long passwords? Nobody has time for that! Just plug in the USB Key and let your computer log in to windows automatically!
Restart to UEFI
Fast Boot is so fast that it is impossible for users to enter the UEFI setup utility during POST. Therefore, ASRock Restart to UEFI technology allows users to easily enter the UEFI setup utility automatically when turning on the PC next time. It is designed for those who constantly need to enter the UEFI setup utility.
ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
Limit and control your children's time spent on the internet. ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard) technology allows you to establish an internet curfew or restrict internet access at specified times. Administrators are able to schedule the starting and ending hours of internet access granted to other users.
UEFI Tech Service
Contact ASRock Tech Service by sending a support request from the UEFI setup utility if you are having trouble with your personal computer. Users may try to choose the category of the issue they have encountered, describe the problem in detail, and then attach an optional picture or log file for our technical support team.
Easy Driver Installer
For users that don’t have an optical disk drive to install the drivers from our support CD, Easy Driver Installer is a handy tool in the UEFI that installs the LAN driver to your system via an USB storage device, then downloads and installs the other required drivers automatically through the internet. Completely no CD or optical disk drive required!
ASRock XFast RAM fully utilizes the memory space that cannot be used under Windows® 32-bit operating systems. It shortens the loading time of previously visited websites, making web surfing faster than ever. And it also boosts the speed of Adobe Photoshop 5 times faster. Another advantage of ASRock XFast RAM is that it reduces the frequency of accessing your SSDs or HDDs in order to extend their lifespan.
When Internet Explorer loads very slowly for no clear reason, it's usually due to inefficient management. ASRock is rolling out super efficient web management in the motherboard industry. XFast LAN is a convenient tool that controls internet related applications easily and efficiently. Creating a perfect Internet environment, all you need is a smart manager. ASRock XFast LAN allows you to enjoy more speed, easier multitasking, enhanced multimedia experience, and more – all without weighing you down.
This motherboard supports HDMI™ (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) which is an interface standard for transferring uncompressed video data and delivering multi-channel audio through a single cable. Both video and audio data signals transferred through the HDMI™ interface are digital without being converted into analog, therefore it delivers the richest pictures and the most realistic sounds.
|CPU||- Supports Socket FM2+ 95W / FM2 100W processors|
|Chipset||- AMD A88X (Bolton-D4)|
|Memory||- Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Technology |
- 2 x DDR3 DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR3 2400+(OC)/2133/1866/1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Max. capacity of system memory: 32GB*
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 1.3 / 1.2
- Supports AMD Memory Profile Technology (AMP) up to AMP 2400
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
|BIOS||- 64Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with GUI support |
- Supports "Plug and Play"
- ACPI 1.1 Compliant wake up events
- Supports jumperfree
- SMBIOS 2.3.1 support
- DRAM, CPU Voltage multi-adjustment
|Audio, Video and Networking|
|Graphics||- Integrated AMD Radeon™ R7/R5 Series Graphics in A-series APU |
- DirectX 11.1, Pixel Shader 5.0 with FM2+ CPU. DirectX 11, Pixel Shader 5.0 with FM2 CPU.
- Max. shared memory 2GB
- Three graphics output options: D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI
- Supports Triple Monitor
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 24Hz
- Supports Dual-link DVI-D with max. resolution up to 2560x1600 @ 60Hz
- Supports D-Sub with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
- Supports Blu-ray Stereoscopic 3D with HDMI Port
- Supports AMD Steady Video™ 2.0: New video post processing capability for automatic jitter reduction on home/online video
- Supports HDCP with DVI-D and HDMI Ports
- Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with DVI-D and HDMI Ports
*Only FM2+ APU can support up to 4096x2160 resolution display via HDMI port.
|Audio||- 5.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC662 Audio Codec) |
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- ELNA Audio Caps
|LAN||- PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s |
- Realtek RTL8111GR
- Supports Wake-On-WAN
- Supports Wake-On-LAN
- Supports Lightning/ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- Supports LAN Cable Detection
- Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
- Supports PXE
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Slots||- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE1@ x16 mode) * |
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slot
- 1 x PCI Slot
- Supports AMD Dual Graphics
*PCIE 3.0 is only supported with FM2+ CPU. With FM2 CPU, it only supports PCIE 2.0.
|Storage||- 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug|
|Connector||- 1 x Print Port Header |
- 1 x COM Port Header
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion Header
- 1 x TPM Header
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)
- 1 x Chassis Fan Connector (4-pin)
- 1 x Power Fan Connector (3-pin)
- 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector
- 1 x 4 pin 12V Power Connector
- 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
- 2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x USB 3.0 Header by AMD A88X (Bolton-D4) (Supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
|Rear Panel I/O||- 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port |
- 1 x D-Sub Port
- 1 x DVI-D Port
- 1 x HDMI Port
- 4 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 2 x USB 3.0 Ports (AMD A88X (Bolton-D4)) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
- HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
|Other Features / Miscellaneous|
|Unique Feature||Software |
- ASRock A-Tuning
- ASRock Disk Health Report
- ASRock USB Key
- ASRock APP Charger
- ASRock XFast LAN
- ASRock XFast RAM
- ASRock Fast Boot (Fast Boot, Restart to UEFI)
- ASRock X-Boost* These utilities can be downloaded from
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop. UEFI
- ASRock Interactive UEFI
- ASRock Instant Boot
- ASRock Instant Flash
- ASRock Internet Flash
- ASRock Crashless BIOS
- ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
- ASRock UEFI System Browser
- ASRock UEFI Tech Service
- ASRock Easy RAID Installer
- ASRock Easy Driver Installer
|Support CD||- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar|
|Accessories||- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield |
- 2 x SATA Data Cables
|Hardware Monitor||- CPU temperature sensing |
- Chassis temperature sensing
- CPU Fan Tachometer
- Chassis Fan Tachometer
- CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan
- CPU/Chassis Fan multi-speed control
- CASE OPEN detection
- Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, Vcore
|Form Factor||- Micro ATX Form Factor |
- Solid Capacitor design
|OS||- Microsoft® Windows® 10 32-bit / 10 64-bit / 8.1 32-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 8 32-bit / 8 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit |
*Carrizo FM2r2 processor supports Windows® 10 64-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit only.
|Certifications||- FCC, CE, WHQL |
- ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)
1TB WD 3.5" 7200rpm SATA 6Gb/s Blue HDD PN WD10EZEX