Confidently store up to 8 TB of data without sacrificing performance.
- Quickly access and store data with blazingly fast random performance – over 100% faster than last generation HDD
- Enjoy peace of mind with field-proven ninth-generation technology for reliable access to unstructured data - in the same 3.5-inch footprint!
- Have confidence with a drive that ensures 24x7 consistent performance – every transaction, every day
- Efficiently delivers easy integration into replicated and RAID bulk storage systems with 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interface options
Maximum Capacity and Built for Speed
Supporting the industry’s best response times for an 8 TB nearline drive, Seagate’s Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD enables the fastest data transfers thanks to our comprehensive advanced caching technology.
Meet your storage workload requirements in the most efficient and cost-effective data centre footprint available on the market today. With user-definable innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance™, PowerChoice™ and RAID Rebuild™, you have the control to tailor your bulk storage requirements for even greater improvements in lowering your total cost of ownership.
World-Class Reliability Meets High-Capacity
When building maximum density server and storage solutions with Seagate’s 8 TB Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD, you can rest easy knowing that your storage infrastructure can scale to meet your growing capacity needs while offering your users a consistent and predictable response rate. Built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of 550 TB per year and backed by a 2M hour MTBF and 5-year limited warranty, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD ensures you can meet all of your bulk storage SLAs.
Reliable, Robust Bulk Data Storage for a 24×7 World
High capacity storage for multi-drive chassis requires predictable and reliable performance. The Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD is built to support enterprise-class nearline workloads of up 550 TB per year, which is up to 10× the rated workload of desktop HDDs. Clearly, the Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD can help to ensure that you meet your rigorous bulk storage SLAs. Choose from 12 Gb/s SAS or SATA 6 Gb/s interfaces for easy integration into existing platforms.
Protect Data with SED Options
Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD protects data where it lives - on the drive. Choose from government-grade SED FIPS 140-2 option1 or SED models with Seagate Instant Secure Erase2technology for easy and cost effective drive disposal.
1SED FIPS 140-2 Validated drives are not available in all models or countries, see Seagate Encrypting Drives Import/Export Compliance. May require TCG-compliant host or controller support. FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Certificate at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/validation.html#05.
2ISO/IEC 27040 (Information technology - Security techniques - Storage security) and NIST 800-88 (Guidelines for Media Sanitization)
What’s In the Hard Drive?
- Super fast 8 TB nearline hard drives utilising Seagate’s latest advanced caching technology
- At 550 TB/Year, it’s 10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- Proven conventional PMR technology backed by highest field reliability ratings and an MTBF of 2M hours
- 12 Gb/s SAS and SATA 6 Gb/s interfaces for easy integration
- Excellent IOPS/TB storage for unstructured data
- 33% increase in areal density (over last generation 6 TB HDD)
- PowerBalance™ user-definable feature for those requiring lower power consumption with balanced performance
- Seagate Instant Secure Erase feature on SED drives for secure, easy and cost-effective drive disposal