4 Bay Synology DiskStation DS920+ Diskless NAS Unit
Web ID: 28590
Synology DS920+ is an ideal network-attached storage solution to streamline data management and productivity.Two built-in M.2 SSD slots and Synology SSD Cache technology allow you to boost system I/O and application performance. Scalable storage design lets you start small and expand storage capacity with Synology DX517 as your data grows. DS920+ 4-Bay Diskless NAS, Processor: Intel Celeron J4125 Quad Core 2.0GHz/2.7GHz CPU, Memory: 4GB DDR4 Onboard, Drive Bays: 4x 3.5"/2.5" SATA HDD/SSD, 2x M.2 2280 NVMe SSD, I/O: 2x USB 3.0, 1x eSATA, 2x 1GbE RJ45 LAN, Fans: 2x 92mm System Fans ONLY WHILE STOCKS LAST!
Manufacturer Warranty: 3 Year
Manufacturer PN: DS920+
Scalable NAS with SSD cache acceleration capability
Synology DS920+ is an ideal network-attached storage solution to streamline data management and productivity.Two built-in M.2 SSD slots and Synology SSD Cache technology allow you to boost system I/O and application performance. Scalable storage design lets you start small and expand storage capacity with Synology DX517 as your data grows.
4-core 2.0 GHz, burst up to 2.7 GHz
2 x built-in M.2 2280 NVMe SSD slots
Average 15% boost to computing-intensive applications1
Expand up to 9 drives with a DX517 expansion unit
Optimize performance and capacity
DS920+ provides two built-in M.2 SSD slots so that you can take full advantage of Synology SSD Cache functionality. Add SSD cache for up to 20 times faster I/O response without using front drive bays. You can add five more drives with Synology DX517 to expand storage capacity.
Accelerate demanding applications
A more powerful CPU speeds up computing-intensive applications. The new 4-core processor boosts photo indexing, database response times, and web PHP response efficiency. Easily categorize your photo memories, smoothly manage files across computers and mobile devices, and enjoy blazing fast web applications.
Synology Drive Moments Web server
faster in file indexing
faster in photo indexing
faster PHP response
Access and sync your files seamlessly
Synology Drive provides a built-in universal portal to access your data anytime and anywhere, and synchronize all your files across platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
Sync files on demand: Save the storage space and network bandwidth of your PC.
Go back in time: Easily retrieve previous versions of your shared files.
Back up your data: Protect your files as scheduled or in real-time.
Real-time collaboration on your private cloud
Synology Office is a collaboration package combining the convenience and usability of public clouds with the data privacy and security guaranteed by private clouds. It allows you to work seamlessly together on documents and spreadsheets in a protected environment.
Real-time collaboration on the same online documents to boost productivity,
Instant communication on Synology Chat during the editing of documents or spreadsheets
Version control for you to navigate all the changes and retrieve previous versions with just a click
Virtual Machine Manager
Virtual Machine Manager enables you to test new software in sandboxes, isolate your customers' machines, and increase the flexibility of your server. You can easily run Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM on your Synology NAS by just a few steps.
Snapshots for virtual machines
Perfectly clone and restore a virtual machine within seconds.
Seamlessly migrate Virtual DSM instances from a Synology NAS to another.
Create multiple isolated virtual machines for subsidiary business units or departments.
Powered by Synology DSM
Complete multimedia solution for management, streaming, and playback.
Store multiple backup versions with block-level incremental data backup and cross-version deduplication.
Simplified backup solution for your Mac, PC, and mobile devices.
Schedulable and instantaneous data protection for shared folders and iSCSI LUNs for disaster prevention.
Complete surveillance solution for recording, monitoring, and management.
Virtual Machine Manager
Run various operating systems in isolated sandboxes. Seamlessly clone, restore and migrate virtual machines.
- 1Status indicator
- 2Drive status indicator
- 3Drive tray lock
- 4USB 3.0 port
- 5Power button and indicator
- 6Drive tray
- 71GbE RJ-45 port
- 8Reset button
- 9eSATA port
- 10Power port
- 11System fan
- 12Kensington Security Slot
CPU ModelIntel Celeron J4125CPU Architecture64-bitCPU Frequency4-core 2.0 (base) / 2.7 (burst) GHzHardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
MemorySystem Memory4 GB DDR4 non-ECCTotal Memory Slots1Maximum Memory Capacity8 GB (4 GB + 4 GB)Notes
- Please select Synology memory modules for optimum compatibility and reliability. Synology will not provide complete product warranty or technical support if non-Synology memory modules are used for memory expansion.
- Synology reserves the right to replace memory modules with the same or higher frequency based on supplier's product life cycle status. Rest assured that the compatibility and stability have been strictly verified with the same benchmark to ensure identical performance.
StorageDrive Bays4Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit9 (DX517 x 1)M.2 Drive Slots2 (NVMe)Compatible Drive Type* (See all supported drives)
Maximum Internal Raw Capacity64 TB (16 TB drive x 4) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)Maximum Raw Capacity with Expansion Units144 TB (64 TB + 16 TB drive x 5) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)Maximum Single Volume Size*108 TBHot Swappable DriveNotes
- 3.5" SATA HDD
- 2.5" SATA HDD
- 2.5" SATA SSD
- M.2 2280 NVMe SSD
- "Compatible drive type" indicates drives that have been tested to be compatible with Synology products. This term does not indicate the maximum connection speed of each drive bay.
- The maximum raw capacity is not limited by the maximum single volume size. Synology NAS models may utilize capacities over the maximum single volume size as long as each volume created is below the limit. (Learn more)
- Each internal volume (may consist of multiple drives) is expandable up to 108TB.
External PortsRJ-45 1GbE LAN Port2 (with Link Aggregation / Failover support)USB 3.0 Port2eSATA Port1
File SystemInternal Drives
NotesexFAT Access is purchased separately in Package Center.
AppearanceSize (Height x Width x Depth)166 mm x 199 mm x 223 mmWeight2.24 kg
OthersSystem Fan92 mm x 92 mm x 2 pcsFan Speed Mode
Brightness Adjustable Front LED IndicatorsPower RecoveryNoise Level*19.8 dB(A)Scheduled Power On / OffWake on LAN / WANPower Supply Unit / Adapter100 WAC Input Power Voltage100 V to 240 V ACPower Frequency50/60 Hz, Single PhasePower Consumption*32.17 W (Access)
- Full-Speed Mode
- Cool Mode
- Quiet Mode
9.69 W (HDD Hibernation)British Thermal Unit109.84 BTU/hr (Access)
33.09 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)Notes
- Power consumption is measured when it is fully loaded with Western Digital 1TB WD10EFRX hard drive(s).
- Noise Level Testing Environment: Fully loaded with Seagate 2TB ST2000VN000 hard drive(s) in the idle state. Two G.R.A.S. Type 40AE microphones, each set up 1 meter away from the Synology NAS at the front and rear. Background noise: 16.49-17.51 dB(A); Temperature: 24.25-25.75°C; Humidity: 58.2-61.8%
TemperatureOperating Temperature0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)Storage Temperature-20°C to 60°C (-5°F to 140°F)Relative Humidity5% to 95% RH
Warranty3 YearsNotesThe warranty period starts from the purchase date as stated on your purchase receipt. (Learn more)
- Main Unit X 1
- Accessory Pack X 1
- AC Power Adapter X 1
- AC Power Cord X 1
- RJ-45 LAN Cable X 2
- Quick Installation Guide X 1
- DDR4 non-ECC SODIMM: D4NESO-2666-4G
- Expansion Units: DX517
- 2.5" SATA SSD: SAT5200
- M.2 2280 NVMe SSD: SNV3400
- VisualStation: VS960HD/VS360HD
- Surveillance Device License Pack
NotesAll memory modules will operate at the maximum frequency specified by the CPU manufacturer.
500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD MZ-V8P500BW$169 Add to cart