Barracuda® hard drives give you what you want.
Count on Barracuda® drives to deliver the storage innovations that drive your costs down and your performance up.
- 7200 RPM performance–from 250GB all the way up to 3TB
- OptiCache™ technology further exploits big 64MB cache sizes and improved micro processor capabilities
- SATA 6Gb/s technology to further maximize performance
Maximizes hard drive storage densities.
Barracuda 1TB-per-disk technology incorporates 340,000 unique tracks in the width of a single inch. This incredible storage density drives new capacity possibilities and lowers your total storage costs.
Seagate AcuTrac™ technology enables new storage densities with accurate reading and writing to nano-sized tracks that are only 75 nanometers wide! That’s about 500 times smaller than the period at the end of this sentence.
Green where it counts.
Barracuda® 1TB-per-disk hard drives now have advanced power modes to save more energy while in idle states–without sacrificing performance.
Barracuda desktop drives are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
- Barracuda® drives comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds.
- 70% or more of the materials used to build Barracuda drives are recyclable.
- Low power consumption
Barracuda 2TB Hard Drive
|Areal density (avg)||625Gb/in2|
|Height||26.1mm (1.028 in)|
|Width||101.6mm (4.0 in)|
|Length||146.99mm (5.787 in)|
|Weight (typical)||626g (1.38 lb)|
|Spin Speed (RPM)||7200 RPM|
|Random read seek time||<8.5ms|
|Random write seek time||<9.5ms|
|Annual Failure Rate||<1%|
|Maximum start current, DC||2.0|